Helping hands on the way to freedom
Společnost Podané ruce, o.p.s. is a non-governmental organization offering high-quality, expert services in two fundamental areas: in the field of addictions and work with children and young people at risk.
We are the biggest organization in the field in the Czech Republic, managing 50 service centres with 200 employees in 4 regions of the country.
Children, young people, adults
Anonymous, free of charge
Prevention, consulting, comprehensive care
South Moravian region, Olomouc region, Zlín region
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our work includes:
- removal of addictive behaviour, preventive and counselling programmes and treatment of substance and non-substance addictions
- harm reduction and promotion of mental and public health
- programmes for post-penitentiary care for former inmates with drug-related problems
- programmes for social inclusion, for work with socially disadvantaged children and young people at risk via mentoring, quality past time and extra-school education
- programmes for support of ethnic groups and other marginalized groups
We have vast experience in the field of international collaboration and networking. We work on an expert level with our colleagues in Europe – tackling, for example, homelessness or safety of the clubbing environment. Our previous project included development of the harm reduction services in Afghanistan.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER?
- drop-in centres
- outreach harm reduction programmes
- comprehensive therapeutic service centres
- psychiatric care
- residential therapeutic community
- low-threshold clubs for children and youth at risk
- prevention programmes for schools
- penitentiary and post-penitentiary assistance
- online consulting and information service
- education agency for both social / care workers and the general public
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
Started as a group of volunteers in 1984 and firmly established since 1991, Společnost Podané ruce, o.p.s., pioneered in bringing and testing new trends, providing versatile support and efficient help to people to get free of addictions or overcome difficult situations that prevent them from living a full-value life and from participating in the society.
Our mission is to help our clients towards the long-term sustainable quality of life, healthier lifestyle and personal contentment, through preventative, supportive and interventional services. We strive to play a part in the protection of public health and the prevention of addictions by developing the judgement-free environment.
Our vision is to support and promote humanistic ideas, protect human rights, to help to create a space for respect and tolerance and to contribute to the development of civil society.